Avoid line-ups and save money by buying tickets online via Eventbrite (ticket link will be live in March):
Tickets will also be available at the door – please keep in mind that you will have to wait in a longer line-up to enter.
VanDusen Members: There is a reduced rate for VanDusen Members but all Member tickets must be purchased in person at VanDusen either before or on the day of the event.
Video Credit: Frank Pan
The festival is delighted to present Sakura Days Japan Fair presented by JTB International & Silkway Travel on the weekend of April 14 & 15! Experience the special ritual of the Japanese tea ceremony, culinary demonstrations, enjoy Japanese festival food, sample premium sake, guided Tree Talks and Walks to the cherry trees, and enjoy haiku readings. Experience Japan with hands-on workshops and try your hand at calligraphy, origami and other Japanese arts and crafts demonstrations.
Heart of the Japanese Music
Waraku once again presents sublime Japanese traditional folk music this year, featuring Tsugaru Shamisen (Japanese three-string instrument) musician Kohei Honda and world-renowned Japanese drum player, Keita Kanezashi.
Originally developed as an accompanying instrument for the traditional folk song, Tsugaru Shamisen has also been evolved as a solo instrument for hundreds of years.
SDJF is organized by the Japan Fair Association of Vancouver (JFAV) as part of the Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival and hosted by VanDusen Botanical Garden.
– Please make sure to print out your ticket and bring with you to the event or have your ticket available on your mobile device.
– Online ticket holders must enter through the Advance/Online/Member/Media door on the day of the event. Please DO NOT wait in the general ticket purchasing line up.
– Each ticket is good for all day entry to the event on EITHER April 14 OR April 15. If you would like to attend both days, you need to purchase two tickets/person.
– No pets allowed.
– Parking is very limited, please TravelSmart.
– This event is wheelchair accessible.
– Many vendors are cash only. ATM on site.
– This is a rain or shine event. NO REFUNDS.
*Please note that Eventbrite adds on ticket engine fees to below amounts
|2018 Ticket Price Chart||Advance Online and Gate Sale Until April 14||Online and Gate Sale Until April 15|
|VanDusen Adult Member (19-64)
*Purchase in person only
|VanDusen Senior Member (65+)
*Purchase in person only
How To Get There
SkyTrain: Oakridge-41st Avenue Station
Buses: 17, 41, 43
*Programs subject to change.