|I would like to invite companies large and small to join us in this joyous spring celebration! I brought this beautiful age old tradition from Japan to our city 13 years ago and now it has blossomed into Vancouver’s cherished intra-community arts and culture festival annually presenting 22 mostly free and engaging community events to Vancouverites and visitors from all over the world. Our sponsors and community partners take pride in helping the Festival actively engage our communities in the appreciation, celebration and stewardship of the iconic Cherry Blossom, building important social connections and making our communities healthier and happier places to live in. With over 43,000 cherry trees in Vancouver alone, cherry blossom viewing is extremely accessible and a popular outdoor urban sport!|
–Michael Job, Vice President
Leith Wheeler Investment Counsel Ltd. (2016)
Be a Part of the Next Season!
Festival programming speaks to multiculturalism, the arts, community engagement and to the environment. If your company would like to enrich our communities by engaging with the beautiful Vancouver Cherry Blossom brand, please contact us directly so we can meet to learn all about your company to tailor a sponsorship program to best meet the objectives of your company. You can also review the achievements of our last season here.
For sponsorship enquiries, please contact:
Tracy Penner, Director of Development
604-773-1650 | [email protected]
Why You Should Sponsor the Festival
Community, Family & Diversity We connect people through engaging, accessible, inclusive, and family-friendly cultural programming. We build community and cross-culture understanding.
- Arts & Culture We collaborate with passionate volunteers and community partners to create innovative arts and cultural programming to showcase local talent, inspiring the artist within us all.
- Education We engage school literacy programs through our Haiku Invitational program, teaching students about poetry. We teach the general public about our cherry tree cultivars through Tree Talks & Walks and our online Neighbourhood Maps.
- Environment Our tree planting program supports Vancouver’s Greenest City Action Plan goal and the Vancouver Park Board’s Urban Forest Strategy. Of the city’s 43,000 cherry trees, the Festival has planted 4,500 through two tree planting programs.
- Health & Wellness The Festival inspires people to be outdoors, exercise, de-stress and unplug from their devices by being present in the moment. Being in nature is healing and rejuvenating. CBC, Dr. Melissa Lem, recommends spending time in nature to “let the conscious brain rest, replenishing powers of attention and lowering anxiety.”
- Mentorship Our Festival gives our youth the opportunity to play a role in our celebration. We engage the Leaders of Tomorrow program and youth in event planning and project management experience, helping to develop their leadership skills.
What are the benefits? Asides from the satisfaction of putting smiles on the faces of 120,000+ Vancouverites and taking part in the most beautiful community festival in town, corporate sponsors can also benefit from:
- Positive association with the Festival brand
- Wide-scale logo placement across Festival collateral including:
- The Program Guide via The Georgia Straight with 850,000 readership;
- Multiple e-newsletters distributed to our mailing list of 7,500+;
- On the Festival website (120,000 visitors);
- Sponsor Appreciation Signage displayed at all feature events;
- Outdoor advertising on Burrard, Cambie and Oak Streets and more!
- Employee volunteer opportunities
- On-site corporate promotional opportunities
- On-site themed activation
- Hospitality benefits
All Festival events and programs have distinct properties that offer unique appeal to the Festival’s diverse demographics of mainstream and ethnic audiences. Along with Stage Naming, Volunteering, and Corporate Hospitality opportunities, here are some levels to consider:
- Title Sponsor: 1 Naming Opportunity at $65,000
- Presenting Sponsor at $35,000
- Signature Program Sponsor at $10,000
- Program Sponsor at $5,000
- Blossom Sponsor at $2,500
- Budding Sponsor at $1,000
Or adopt the Festival as your “Charity of the Year” through employee contribution of time and donations!